The Property

The property is composed of a main farmhouse dating back to 1790 plus a small dependance, a cellar and a two storey barn.

The main farmhouse, typically painted with the original terracotta colour, has a beautiful façade with three arches framing glazed windows. The central door, used as main entrance, opens just in front of the typical central staircase leading to the first floor.

On its right we find the spacious living kitchen with two windows. Going down five steps we find a large living-room which is airy and luminous with a large window and a glazed door which gives outdoor access. Off this room we find a closet and a WC.

On the left hand side of the staircase there is a very spacious lounge with an old stone fireplace and two windows. Two openings at either side lead you to a large dining room with two beautiful arched French doors which open onto the garden.

All the floors are paved with beautiful original terracotta bricks ('cotto'), while the ceilings maintain the original barrel vaults and cross vaults as well as exposed terracotta bricks. The old stone staircase leads, with its 14 steps, to the first floor where there is a central corridor giving access to the four double bedrooms and their en-suite bath/ shower rooms.

The renovation of the house was undertaken with the utmost respect for the tradition of the typical Tuscan style farmhouses, using recovery materials and ancient techniques of construction (using lime and earthenware).

The 7 x 14 metre swimming pool, situated on a privileged and panoramic position, is set a few steps away from the houses and has a maximum depth of 2 meters.

The cottage

The small dependance of 47 square metres is situated in front of the main farmhouse, but still enjoys excellent privacy. It is composed of a living-room, kitchen and bedroom with en suite bathroom.

The wine cellars

The fully equipped and perfectly working 'Cantina' measures 100 m2 (including the nearby canopy).

Other buildings

The two storey stone hay barn is ideal to create further living space and has a total surface of 100 m2. The ground floor is currently used as storage and the first floor can be used to create an office or other rooms for agricultural use.

Land & Vineyards

The whole property is surrounded by 13,9 hectares with 5 hectares of vineyard (1,4 of Cabernet Sauvignon, 1,6 of Merlot, 0,6 of Vernaccia di San Gimignano and 1,1 of Sangiovese), 1,5 hectares of olive grove and 6,5 hectares of woodland.

Location

San Gimignano rises on a hill (334m high) dominating the 'Val d'Elsa' valley with its towers. Its origins date back to the Hellenistic period (200-300 BC) when it was the seat of a small Etruscan village.

It was, however, only in the 10th century that it began its life as a town taking its name from the Holy Bishop of Modena, St. Gimignano, who saved the village from the barbarian hordes. It is just outside the wonderful Borgo of San Gimignano, famous for its towers, that we find this beautiful Estate; located on a hill side and surrounded by its own vineyards ensuring privacy and tranquillity in every direction.

Business activities

This estate generates two sources of income:

  • Production and sale of wine and olive oil.
  • Holiday location for tourists. The rental business has been running for 15 years and can depend on a list of regular and affectionate guests, but could be sold also as a private home for lovers of the heart of Tuscany, who are looking for peace and quite and complete relaxation.

This is also a profitable investment as the excellent wines and olive oil are sold in the area as well as abroad.

Should the prospective buyer not want to farm the land, it can be rented on a yearly contract.

Ref
SG-1742
Price
€2,950,000
Status
Active
Pool
Yes
Olive Groves
2
Vineyards
5
Condition
Excellent
Beds
5
Baths
6
Land Size
14 Ha
Internal area
675 m²
Guesthouse
Yes
Price: 2,950,000
Interior: 675 m²
Bedrooms: 5
Bathrooms: 6
Land: 14 Ha
Pool: Yes
Guesthouse: Yes
Ref: SG-1742

Enquire About This Property Today

Fill out the form below and we will be in touch